Perhaps you don’t even know you are stress/binge eating until you have finished or are well into the moment. Here are some tips to assist you in stopping Stress/Binge eating.
- Have fewer “treats” around the house/kitchen
- Bake less
- Wait 15-20 min to eat – drink a cup of water-the urge may pass
- If something’s bothering you exercise first
- Keep a journal of what you eat and drink everyday
- Don’t bring any junk food into the home
- Sit down to eat
When you do Over Eat…
- Find healthy choices to have available in the future
- Do not buy more of the culprit binge item so it is not available to you during the next weak moment.
- Ask yourself why did this happen? What can I change?
- Don’t dwell on it. Move on. It’s done. It’s not about where you have been; but, about where you are going.
- Exercise more and eat a little less the next day.
- Change your routine to avoid this in the future.
- Engage in a new activity or hobby. You will eat less when your mind is on a new hobby.
Each day set a nutrtional goal and a physical activity goal. We all must have a goal before we can accomplish it. Stay Healthy.